1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts for longtime member (Just a SID)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Oct 12, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Condolences, SID.

2. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

That you are thinking of others' mothers right now is a lovely sign of who yours was. Condolences, SID.

3. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

Talked to my mom, too.

I lost my dad almost 10 years ago. I miss him every day.

Condolences to JASID and the entire family.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Just_An_SID,

I can't do that favor for you, because I lost my mom to complications from lymphoma two years ago. The anniversary of my father's death from lung cancer is coming up, so I feel my own version of your pain doubly so now.

But I'll see your favor and raise you and say if you ever need anyone to talk to, especially when the next wave of grief hits a few months down the road, look me up.

Your mother raised a good son.

J_D

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just_an_SID, that was a beautiful post. I am very sorry for your loss. It sounds like she was a very wise, very strong woman.

I lost my father to cancer almost nine years ago. I remember how difficult those first few months were and I hope the strength she gave you is a comfort.

I just took care of the favor you asked. I talk to my mother almost every day (she lives elsewhere), but I don't think I tell her I love her nearly enough. We all should take your advice with everybody we love.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

This is why I'm proud to call JaSID my friend every day, but I'm never more proud than I am right now. That was a helluva post, man. Just called my mom, and like every call home, I made a point of saying "I love you" -- do it every call. Just called Dad, too.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Fixed.

Normally, people use the "fixed" line, they use it as a joke or they stick in a quick insult.

Not this time.

I may not have the kind of relationship with my mother Just_An_SID had with his, but I'm a PM away if needed.

Draft saved Draft deleted