1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thou shalt not ... Pope takes on road rage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

I'm going to hell. Anyone else?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070619/ap_on_re_eu/vatican_road_rage

VATICAN CITY - The Vatican on Tuesday issued a set of "Ten Commandments" for drivers, telling motorists not to kill, not to drink and drive, and to help fellow travelers in case of accidents.

An unusual document from the Vatican's office for migrants and itinerant people also warned that cars can be "an occasion of sin" — particularly when they are used for dangerous passing or for prostitution.

It warned about the effects of road rage, saying driving can bring out "primitive" behavior in motorists, including "impoliteness, rude gestures, cursing, blasphemy, loss of sense of responsibility or deliberate infringement of the highway code."

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm supposed to take driving tips from a guy who has traffic stopped for him?

3. markvid

markvid Guest

And hasn't driven in a long time?

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

My one commandment:
    It's not all fun and games out there. If you do something stupid, you're going to be messing with people's lives and livelihoods. If somebody honks at you, you're doing something rude or dangerous and maybe you should try not to do it again.
    If you're doing something rude or dangerous, don't be surprised when people want to kill you.
    OK, that could be broken up into two or three commandments, but it's something every kid needs to hear before he or she gets a license.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

And I ask you why is the penchant to tailgate greater by those who drive really big trucks? Just something I noticed on a road trip Sunday.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It is clear to me that this new pope is looking to take the congregation forward into the coming years by addressing the most pressing matters of the time head-on. I expect him, very soon, to be addressing the matters of parking violations (which will include a special section on individuals that aren't handicapped parking in said spots), email usage, and how loud someone should listen to their stereo or television at home.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Guys who tailgate tend to be aggressive drivers who want you to speed up or move over.

Women seem to tailgate just for the hell of it. They just like being 12 inches from my back bumper.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

What about cell phone commandments? When does the Pope whip out those babies?

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Maybe the next pope will be able to get to that. This pope is still using a rotary dial phone.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Man, what if God tries to call him or send him a text? He won't know how to respond.

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Imagine a drunk dial from God. Man that would suck if he got the wrong number.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

God doesn't drink. God gets stoned.

Draft saved Draft deleted