1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thou Shalt Not Drive Slowly in the Left Lane!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Jun 20, 2007.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You people are so simple-minded sometimes.

Most times the highway is crowded and you can't just "move over" the second someone comes barrelling on your tail.

Sometimes there is a person doing 55 in the middle lane and I had to pass him on the left. That's why I happen to be in the left lane at the time doing 60. Sorry if I didn't "hurry back" into the middle lane quick enough, but it's a fact that more accidents occur on lane changes than at any other time. Thus, I change lanes only when necessary and don't treat the highway like a goddamn slalom course.

Yes they are. And if most "accidents" aren't, most fatalities absolutely are.

But then, you seem to think breaking the law by driving 20 mph over the speed limit is fine. Just MOVE OVER, DAMMIT. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll put my 30 years of accident-free driving up against anyone's on here. I have three simple rules: 1. Drive defensively, 2) follow the rules of the road --- including posted speed limits, and 3) assume every other car on the highway is driven by a careless Type A personality.

Draft saved Draft deleted