1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those wacky fireworks laws

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Jun 30, 2008.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Oh, that so narrows it down on your end of the county ...

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

8)

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Bring it on, tough guy. We like setting them off, and if you don't like it, deal with it. You don't hear us bitching about the strange noises and odors coming from Casa de Bubbler.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

How long a fuse is needed to set off a dog? ??? :D

And as far as fireworks go ... South Carolina is the correct answer to the question. I'm sure there are other states with stores calling themselves a "cigarette and fireworks warehouse outlet" but I've only seen those signs in South Carolina.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

One of the best fireworks stores I went to was right off of I-75 in Cleveland, Tenn. It was located in a Citgo station.
    Sadly, it was closed the last time I went through there a few years back. Amazingly, I don't think it was a burned-out husk.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Here there are several stores that sell Zig-Zags, bongs and water pipes. Yet merely owning those things can get you arrested for possessing drug paraphernalia.

So the stores put up little signs that read "Tobacco Use Only," which somehow makes selling them, but not owning them, legal.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

In Kansas, you couldn't buy them until the 1st and you weren't *supposed* to set them off inside city limits (but when do we ever do things we're "supposed" to do anyway?)

But yeah, it was always interesting because there was a 50/50 chance that fire danger was going to be high come the Fourth of July and I had two cousins on our local volunteer fire department. It was hilarious because they always had to have their pagers on and when we'd be eating, they'd all go off at the same time and everyone would be running for whose truck was closest.

8. patchs

patchs Active Member

I just drove through Pa. on the way back from DC and was tempted but resisted.
    Then after I got back, my brother, who does business in Pa., called me to say he bought $300 worth.
    FWIW, I've heard the NYSP sets up shop right on the border with high-powered binocs to see what cars with NY plates are shopping at those Pa. border stores, then they radio the plate numbers so you get stopped after you cross back over.
    Just go another exit into Pa. and you shouldn't have to worry.

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

In CO you can buy fireworks at Wal*Mart and Target!

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The Taj Mahals of firework stores, 6 miles apart in Tennessee on I-24

[​IMG][​IMG]

The funny thing about the SC stores is the huge NO SMOKING! signs you can read from the highway. Well, duh...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted