1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those wacky airlines

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt1735, Nov 5, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

then I'd have to wear the coat I'll actually use. That's not my normal attire and I like to fly comfortably... besides, mothers hide their kids when they see me in a trench coat for some reason...

... Going from sun and 66 now to lows of 25 and snow/rain.... good times!

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

It's more to go from a hub because usually the airlines have a near monopoly there. Example: I've flown to Austin through DFW and it's cheaper to fly to AUS than DFW, even though the flight from my home to DFW is on the same plane. It's because there are more choices to get to AUS--through Houston, Phoenix or Denver, for example. But if I'm flying just to DFW, American is pretty much my only choice.

It's also because the airlines like to fuck you.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Well...I'm usually driving by myself. Oh, and I'm a woman and a short one at that, so unless he has a small head, I don't think it would work.

4. Sly

Sly Active Member

KCI is the easiest airport known to man.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Au contrare, KCI sucks sweaty goat balls.

6. KCI sucks if you are there for a layover and want food/drinks/to buy a magazine and have to go out of the gated area into another part of the terminal. But even then, the security lines to get back in are always short.

KCI does not suck as far as navigating your way around the airport (parking, etc.) or having to wait in the aforementioned security lines. In those areas it is excellent. And, it is never crowded.

And Wenders, if you live in the middle of Kansas, why not fly into Wichita if you hate KCI so much?

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Oh, quit yer whinin' - it's not like it's a repeat of the Halloween Blizzard.

And don't complain about the weather, I ordered it special for ya. ;)

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Can't it be so simple as: you pay a premium to fly direct?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thanks...
    I remember the Halloween blizzard... my parents still tell the story of trick-or-treaters trudging through an eight-inches-and-counting-on-the-way-to-24-plus snowfall... It's all the Twins fault...

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

If you drive, you can sing along with your tunes. That's worth something.

You should drive. Do you want me to call your parents?

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

<u>There's</u> a self-awareness uncommon to this board.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

You've figured out the secret to the final two hours of any 10+ hour drive. Put on the cheesy showtunes/90s music, crank it up and start singing. Dance moves optional.

Ding, ding, ding, on KCI. Plus, depending on which terminal you're in, the food options are either somewhat decent or completely barren.

And Wichita is more expensive and harder to get out of. Plus, with where I'll be traveling to, it involves more smaller, two-lane highways than coming out of KCI, which, if there's ice and snow (not holding my breath) could get trecherous.

Draft saved Draft deleted