1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those poor kids (2011 List of Most Popular Baby Names)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, May 14, 2012.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

My first name is nowhere to be seen.

My 1st boy's name is in the top 20, which staggers me because when we named him in '99, I could not identify one famous person with that name except for one nondescript president.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, Adolf dropped off a long time ago. Sorry.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Boy made the top 700.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

5. dooley_womack1

We're not talking about Sheep on this thread.

6. dooley_womack1

Mine's just a bit off the top 100. Somehow, I'm a little bummed out about that.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

My first name was #10 (#8 in a variant spelling) the year I was born. It now ranks #808.

8. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

My first name was 16th in 1967. I'm actually surprised it was that low, considering how there always seemed to be at least one other (of that name) in my classes when I was in school. It was 372nd last year.

My sister's name was 28th in 1970, 677th last year. That her name was that high then seems odd because I've only ever met two other people with her first name and one of them was three weeks ago.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Mine was top 5 year I was born. Now just over three decades later, barely top 75.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

My name was 42nd the year I was born (1960), peaked at 39 in 1969 and 1970 and was 664 in 2010 and 811 in 2011.

I always liked my name because few other boys had it, but it wasn't odd. It is rarely mispelled, although it's sometimes pronounced as a similar sounding name.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Wow. My son's name wasn't among the top 1,000 when he was born in 2003. Looks like he won't be getting any personalized souvenirs in his future!

My name was 30th when I was born and is now down in the 900s somewhere. Bubbler was a popular choice in 1971.

12. KG

KG Active Member

I haven't looked to see if it's sold anywhere, but my son's name will be with a K instead of a C. Until I looked at this I didn't realize how much more popular it was with a C. I just like it better with a K.

Draft saved Draft deleted