1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Those decisions are entrusted to our nation’s elected leaders"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I just finished reading Roberts entire decision and in the end I think it was brilliant. He saved the court being labeled as partisan and put the decision on health care right back where it should be with this message:

"Members of this Court are vested with the authority to interpret the law; we possess neither the expertise nor the prerogative to make policy judgments. Those decisions are entrusted to our Nation's elected leaders, who can be thrown out of office if the people disagree with them. It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices."

Simply put if you don't like the ACA then vote those who crafted it out of office. That is a right affirmed by the constitution and it can't be taken away.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

But of course you're voting for him anyway as you've reassured us many times.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I like lamp.

Draft saved Draft deleted