1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those "chilling" moments in movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Mar 20, 2008.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

But you can watch "Exorcist II" in the dark? Interesting ...

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Exorcist II is so bad that's it's comical, not scary.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's one of maybe three movie endings that just floored me, because of how unexpected they were. You never even think about the dead guy in the middle of the floor for the whole movie, and then bam! there he is. Totally out of left field.

And for the record, the other two unexpected endings were "The Usual Suspects" (actually saw it for the first time as a back-to-back showing on AMC and saw the ending before the rest of the movie, and STILL never caught on), and "Terminator 3" (The world still goes nuclear!? WTF!?).

4. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I agree with so many on here, but I'd like to add one two-second clip from "Rocky II" when Rocky is battered and beaten, but begins getting the best of Apollo, and they show Gazzo (Rocky's former boss in the original) and some chick in the stands. Gazzo stands up and with all of his emotion, he yells "Go for it, Rock!!"
    The love with which he delivered that line, gives me chills every time.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Endings don't get much chillier than Arlington Road. My wife and I sat there, mouths agape.

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Good one. That whole movie was just unsettling

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

There's a scene in "Up & Cumming" with Marilyn Chambers and John Holmes and he ...

Well, it was chilling.

8. Harry Lime

Harry Lime New Member

I'd say the end of this movie when Jodie Foster is fumbling around in the dark, and Buffalo Bill has the night vision on. For me, that was it.

9. Harry Lime

Harry Lime New Member

Please, check out "The Mist."

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Game, Set, Match.

11. Harry Lime

Harry Lime New Member

No, I'm not post padding!
    If you haven't seen "I am Legend," there's that one scene in which Will Smith has to chase his dog into that dark building, and it's filled with those flesh-eating monsters. Damn scary.
    Also, in "28 Days Later," when that zombie jumps in through the basement window, after Cillian Murphy lit that candle. That whole movie was scary.

12. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Totally agree on The Omen, but it's a hyena carcass.
    Also, not a scary moment, but one that gives me chills: When Will Smith finally gets the job in The Pursuit of Happyness

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted