1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those "chilling" moments in movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Clarice Starling blindly groping in the dark while Buffalo Bill has the night vision goggles on

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Candyman still fucks me up.

Not enough money in the world to get me to say Candyman five times in front of a mirror. Or anywhere.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

That's what I was gonna say. Especially the spider-walk-down-the-stairs scene and when she goes to town on herself with the crucifix.

That's awesome!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Did anybody see 'The Orphanage'?
    I didn't care for the ending, but there were some really creepy, tense moments for me.
    That kid with the sack/mask was freaking me out at first.
    Even early in the movie, when the son was talking to his 'friend' in the cave, I was creeped out.
    Also recently, 'The Descent.' I'm not claustrophobic, but the scene where she gets caught in the really tight space and freaks out ... I was squirming in my seat.

5. EE94

EE94 Guest

for me, its the scene where the senator's daughter has just been put in the well and she's looking around and sees the bloody fingernail and realizes she's not being held for ransom

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Agree with your post, too, Angola. I also offer the scene when Gandalf shows up near the end of the Two Towers and the riders come down the hill at the Uruk Hai.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I watched that right after I got done with the Rohirrim scene, but didn't think I should post twice on the same thread about the same trilogy.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

It's OK. It was worthy :D

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You guys are kind of dorks.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Great one. The whole movie is full of them.

I think the goggles scene does it for me, with the menacing music accompanying, because it's the first time that the fearless Clarice appears truly vulnerable and afraid.

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I've come to peace with that fact.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Major League gets me every time, so does Braveheart.

Not really a chilling moment -- more like a "Holy Crap!" moment -- but when John gets up at the end of the first SAW movie. When I saw it at the theaters everyone had stood up and started putting on their jackets. Everyone sat back down.

Draft saved Draft deleted