1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those "chilling" moments in movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The end of the fight gets me. When the triumphant music is starting to kick in as Rocky is CHOPPING THE RUSSIAN DOWN!, and it cuts to Adrian and she yells, "You're gonna do it!" Not sure why, but it just fires me up a little.

The president's speech right before the final battle in Independence Day was a good one.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

When Phoebe Cates climbs out of the water and takes her top off in Fast Times.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

American History X: Curb-stomping. When Norton turns around to face the police with his swastika fully exposed and he hits his knees, I stop everything else I'm doing. It's such a great scene.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Arnold Schwartzenager in Batman.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Fatal Attraction: the boiled rabbit scene or the scene where Glenn Close makes one last lunge out of the bathtub.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

When Morgan Freeman opens the package at the end of "Seven," followed by John Doe antagonizing Mills until he unloads a full clip into him.

7. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Perhaps it should be a lighter shade of the blue font, but ...

When Jake Taylor bunts ... Yankees third baseman mouths "shit" ... Taylor struggles down the first base line ... Hayes rounds third ...

Seen it a thousand times, and gets me every single time.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

What would life be like if Haywood didn't turn back to argue with the first base umpire?

9. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I know how it could have ended, but this was pretty damn funny:

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Doesn't anybody knock??

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Saw another movie on IFC, or Flix, or one of those channels the other night called "Paradise". Has her and Willie Ames as, near as I can tell, in a sort of "Blue Lagoon" situation in the desert. Anyway, they come across an oasis and Phoebe Cates has a prolonged naked shower scene. I was hooked.

That movie is on FX tonight.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

lol. ;D ;D ;D

but seriously, the end of "seven" is the most disturbing ending ever. :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted