1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thompson out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cranberry, Jan 22, 2008.

1. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Damn and I was going to vote for him because he use to be so good on law & order.

2. doctor x

doctor x Member

Also the president of Texas State when they hired Ed "Straight Arrow" Genaro.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Didn't he also have a role in the second or third Die Hard flick, the one at the airport?

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

The second one: "We've bought ourselves maybe two hours. After that those planes low on fuel aren't gonna be circling. They'll be dropping on the White House lawn."

Man, I need a life ...

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Brain cells died and Jesus wept.

6. He was the oily WH chief of staff in In The Line Of Fire.
    Just saw it tonight.

7. dprince57

dprince57 Member

I remember him fondly as an admiral in The Hunt for Red October. "Russians don't take a dump, son, without a plan. "

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I remember him as a sexist-pig boss on Roseanne. Approached the role the same way he approached Arthur Branch. Or any of his roles. Need only one finger to count his dimensions.

9. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Yes, he lacks the versatility of Jack Nicholson...aw, never mind.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

National Review is reporting Fred Thompson was the likely winner of the Louisiana caucus, and would have received as many as 47 delegates. Oops.

11. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Don't do that Doc; Fenian and I were dreaming of Canberra, charcoal, beer and... excuse me, I need a tissue.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Looks like Fred's been set aside for a little Japanese lettuce inspection.

Draft saved Draft deleted