1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thompson in '08

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, May 30, 2007.

1. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Where's the :'(, Fenian?

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You have to admit this -- it is going to be very fun to watch.

I personally think Thompson will flirt with the idea, figure out he doesn't need the bullshit and pull out of the race before he really gets started, sort of like Colin Powell a few years back.

That will leave conservatives with really two choices --- a Democratic president (they might have that regardless) or get behind Rudy, who to me seems to be the only Republican with a chance to win the election at this point.

Perhaps Romney could, but the problem with elections in this day and age is it is very hard to come from way behind on the radar anymore because the election cycles start so early and are so public that people's early impressions are generally not going to change enough to swing an election.

Think about this, we're not even one year out and both sides have already had, what, three, four debates?

3. I think Newt's more likely to do this than Fred. Fred actually does want to be president, I think. He just doesn't want to work for it. Newtie, that Machiavellian sod, wants the GOp apocalypse in 2008 so he'll be the Gray Eminence who picks up the pieces.

UPDATE -- Meanwhile, holy crap. While I'm happy to hear discussion of the sex life of any candidate besides those named Clinton, this is too much even for me.
    http://www.palmettoscoop.com/2007/06/04/scarborough-has-an-imus-moment/

Working the pole?
    Wow.

4. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I haven't spoken with a single person who thinks Gingrich has a shot at the nomination. Too unattractive on several fronts. Unless Gingrich decides to run as a third party candidate--and that's a possibilty, judging by his rhetoric--he's not going to make any waves. Except--who knows what he may know/blab.

Among sewer rats, Gingrich is size large.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Mitt Romney has a better shot than Newt does, and I don't think Mitt has a chance of becoming president.

6. The current Mrs. T gets wonky with Wolfie.

[​IMG]

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

What a lady killer that Wolfowitz of Arabia is, huh?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He's got nothing on this guy, however...

[​IMG]

9. Do NOT make fun of Mrs. Kucinich around me.
    "He seems to have outkicked his coverage on that one ..."

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Making fun?

I genuflect in the man's direction.

11. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

[​IMG]

Overchicked =

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Word on the street is that Mrs. Kucinich has a fetching English accent, as well.

The world is truly a mysterious place.

Draft saved Draft deleted