1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thompson finally enters race officially

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beaker, Sep 5, 2007.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I don't think he makes it to the end of October.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Candidate ADD makes Reagan looks like LBJ.

This shouldn't end well. And it won't if Thompson miraculously finds a way to keep his eye on the shining light and get enough people to buy into this.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm inclined to agree. Four months is based on the money he has reportedly raised.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't think Thompson will be in it in '08. If he dips to under 10 percent, I think he packs it up and goes home to "replentish the coffers."
    He didn't look that eager to be on the Tonight show, but he sure looked eager to leave when his time was up. I think people wanted Arthur Branch to run for President, not Fred Thompson.

5. [​IMG]

I'd still kick his ass.
    Make the deal.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You do what you have to do, you're still welcome to my scotch.

7. I'm not up on my Catholic theology. Is pride a venial or a mortal sin?

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

What's even better is they're saying his laziness will help him.

This is America today.

We love the whole "guy-you'd-want-to-have-at-your-barbeque" thing.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

HBO ran a documentary right after the 2000 election (maybe it was even during) where they were making Bush seem like the guy you would want at your party and they talked about how unapproachable and unlikable Gore was, and these were seasoned political reporters saying this...

If Thompson wins the nomination, I will probably be voting for a democrat, which is something I haven't done since 1992....

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Where has he been for the last six years? What has he been doing after Sept. 11 and the Iraq war and some of the most difficult and challenging times for this country?

He was working as a lobbyist trying to minimize the payments in asbestos claims. Oh, and acting.

I guess we all serve our countries in different ways.

11. And every goddamn one of them should have been fired on the spot for admitting that.
    Thanks, boys and girls. The last seven years have been a hoot.
    See this month's Vanity Fair for further details.
    http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2007/10/gore200710

12. jboy

jboy Guest

Sorry fenian, I tried to read the story but I couldn't get past the Nicole Kidman pictures.

Draft saved Draft deleted