1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thom Brennaman, welcome to the unemployment line

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Aug 19, 2020.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Two guys that don’t get it:

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Deserves? No.

Enough time has passed that people might be willing to give him another chance? Maybe.

SFIND likes this.
  3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Author of the article was fired by the Miami Heat more than two decades ago, maaaaybe because he said Thomas Jefferson’s slaves would have made fine basketball players.

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If he wants to work again I hear there are plenty of restaurants looking for help.

Play by play? Nope.

SFIND likes this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

No one is clamoring for Thom Brennaman's return. I do wish Marty Brennaman would come back.

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Thom McAn made nice shoes back in the day. He could sell shoes at Sears and there's a three-run homer to left by Castellanos and the Reds now lead 4-0.

Slacker, PCLoadLetter and wicked like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There's a Sears left?

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

BTW, congratulations on reaching the 15,000-like plateau. You're a very likeable guy.

Spartan Squad and wicked like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Huh.

It's more that I post a bunch of tweets, and this is a diverse enough crowd that generally someone likes them. But thanks. I had no idea.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Not too many. I have 7,000 some Sears points from past purchases, which is worth about $7, but there are no Sears near me. I randomly found one in another city and was going to purchase a shirt from their meager pickings on the rack to burn the points but there was just one cashier and about 8 people in line. No thanks.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Hell yeah. I'm in the Houston metro area, and the wife and I got our fridge, bed, washer and dryer from Sears. Free delivery and installation, and their customer service was almost TOO good. They call like three times to confirm one delivery, because it had a long lead time, vs. the furniture store that just friggin' showed up with a call five minutes ahead of time.

garrow likes this.
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Our closed Sears was turned into a vaccine site. I brought a hammer to return out of habit.

Dog8Cats, Liut, maumann and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted