1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thom Brennaman, welcome to the unemployment line

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I don’t understand this joke but I bet it is a hoot!

2. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

First time I encountered Tony Bruno was about 25-30 years ago when he was part of the Morning Show on WIP in Philly. He and Angelo Cataldi and Al Morganti did the show and it was very good. Bruno left there and took his career "on the road".

Last time I was in Philly, Cataldi and Morganti are still doing that early morning gig on WIP in Philly.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

When Bruno was in L.A., he was horrible, unlistenable ... unless I wanted to know about stuff in Philly. That's all he talked about ... Philly Philly Philly. Yeah, that's why we listen to local talk radio in L.A.
    I've been to Bookbinders, that's all I need to know about Philly.

poindexter likes this.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a hoot!

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Huh. So that's still happening. Thought that had run its course already.

TigerVols likes this.
  7. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Remember who we're dealing with here.
    Silence is very much appreciated.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That's a very go....ahhh fuck it.

maumann and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I dont think Tom Bruno was a big burly bastard that wore #23 for the Twins among others.
    Did they call him Bruno? Yes.
    Was his name Bruno? No.
    Jesus God Almighty.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Fired

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Charlotte Hornets have fired play-by-play radio broadcaster John Focke after he used a racial slur on his Twitter account last month.

The team announced on Twitter Thursday that Focke would not return due to “a violation of the organization’s social media policy.” The team said it would not have any further comment. The decision comes after the team investigated the matter in which Focke used the slur while Tweeting about the Jazz-Nuggets playoff game on Aug. 17.

He has since deleted the tweet and apologized, saying it was a typo.

Focke wrote on Twitter at the time that “I made a horrific error while attempting to tweet about the Denver-Utah game. I don’t know how I mistyped. I had (and have) no intention of ever using that word. I take full responsibility for my actions. I have been sick to my stomach about it every since. I’m truly sorry that this happened an I apologize to those I offended.”

maumann likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You had to figure he was toast when he offered to let the team search and seize his phone and they declined.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted