1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thisiswhyyourefat.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Jul 20, 2009.

1. MrBSquared

MrBSquared Member

A little hole-in-the-wall pizza joint in Kerrville, Texas -- The Downtowner -- had a dish my publisher called "heart attack on a plate":

Thin-crust pizza, with tobasco sauce instead of tomato sauce, double-cheese, double-pepperoni, chicken fingers and french fries.

My mouth is watering just typing that ... 8)

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I would eat the everloving hell out of that.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

It ain't pizza if it has tabasco on it. It's disgusting

4. doggieseatdoggies

doggieseatdoggies New Member

All except this one: The Smoker

A half pound ground ribeye, sirloin, prime rib patty topped with Havarti cheese, seven pieces of maple bacon, sauteed onions and smoked pepper mayo....if I was craving salt.

This one made me sick just thinking about it.... the flapjack fiasco with every imaginable globular sugar stuck between eight separate pancakes.

Seriously, though, when are we going to admit that the fat gene science has discovered makes people with the potential to be fat fatter and this shit can be eaten by a guy with a metabolism rate of acid and never gain a pound? Fat, like sexual preference, is genetic.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Seconded.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think I'm going to throw up. Most of this is really just gross.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I don't care if it's technically pizza or not, it sounds tasty.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

While some may not appear obese or fat in any traditional sense, they can still have increased amounts of fat encasing vital organs, still detrimental to health.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

by the way, the bubba burgers and nathan's fries were muy delicioso. :D :D :D

the three sons had two burgers each, teenaged young men they are. one was more than enough to satisfy my pot belly. ::) ::) ::)

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the peanut butter is used as a glue to keep the sammich together.

11. MrBSquared

MrBSquared Member

Am guessing then no one wants to hear about a meal at this place in Kerrville and Bandera (I think called Billy Jean's)

The plate centered around a half-pound hamburger steak, stuffed with jalapenos and cheese, covered with cheese and gravy.

I can feel my arteries clogging even today ... how I got out of that town weighing less than 300 pounds is a mystery.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen, (and Canuckistanis)

I give you poutine...

http://www.montrealpoutine.com/

A delicious mix of fries, gravy and cheese. These are a few of my favorite things. Your heart skips a beat when it first comes to your table, but yum-o!!

Draft saved Draft deleted