1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This year's Verlander & Weaver?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Apr 17, 2007.

?

Who will be the next rookie stud in the Majors this year?

1. Tim Lincecum (SF)

14 vote(s)
    31.1%
  2. Yovani Gallardo (MIL)

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Homer Bailey (CIN)

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  4. Phil Hughes (NYY)

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Matt Garza (MIN)

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  6. Adam Miller (CLE)

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. Andrew Miller (DET)

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  8. Luke Hochevar (KC)

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  9. Tom "Oz's stalking victim" Gorzelanny

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

Can I get at least a smidgen of love for the Carmona call?????

It's the first time I've been right since I got married ...

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Gorzelanny allowed two runs, struck out six and walked three in seven-plus innings tonight as the Bucs won 7-2. So he's now 8-4 on the season with a 3.05 ERA, 70 Ks and 33 walks.

Gorzelanny's stalker just wanted to point that out. ;)

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

He ain't a rook. Just wanted to point that out.

4. Kevin Slowey has certainly earned the moniker of this year's Verlander and Weaver. He has been awesome since being called up from the minors. He is one reason why the Twins have a shot to go to the playoffs.

5. Of course. I think Slowey has been very effective in all of his starts, which is why I compared him to those two. He is not Liriano though, but who is.

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Buck, you've just given me enough confidence to proclaim that I could win a big-league game. I'd only have to go five innings without giving up more than seven runs.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You should have pointed that out a long time ago and saved yourself the headache. You probably ought to remove him from your poll, too.

Didn't realize he pitched too many innings last season.

8. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Especially since my out pitch is what the Little League kids referred to as a rainbow. It's a long story. Suffice it to say that Rainbow Ronnie won his first start in remarkable fashion and etches his name in the annals of Podunk City sports history. There are 40-year-old men who in my hometown who could tell you all about Rainbow Ronnie. But they wouldn't recognize me today if I danced naked in their living rooms. Of course, I gave up that line of work a few years ago. They called me Rainbow Ronnie then, too. But that was for a different curvature, one that's since been surgically corrected.

Draft saved Draft deleted