1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Yankees/Orioles game is a joke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Sep 6, 2011.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Fuck you, Matt Wieters.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

LMFAO Tie game

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

13 more innings to go.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

May St. Jetes save us all.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

And fuck Nick Markakis.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Yankees are doing God Bless America--a long version. Jesus fucking Christ.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'm about to cut my ears off thanks to the continual boredom of Gary Thorne and Jim Palmer. Christ.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

With two arguments in this half inning, and now a replay of a homer, this has officially turned into a fucking farce.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Of course he is. Did you hear Buck with his good buddy Loopy last Fri. He is so bitter toward the Yankees it's hilarious, especially when he's talking to that pissant. He was saying how the public doesn't care that you have to play so many games in a row without an off day. Then he said he wouldn;t be surprised if Tampa got the wild card. He was saying the Yankees and Red Sox have to watch out because TB has the best pitching. he didn't come out and say TB will catch the Yankees just that everyone better not sleep on TB. Really Buck? we know you hope every day the Yankees fail but TB isn't coming near the playoffs this year.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

That did make me laugh.

I do feel a little bad for Buck though. How would you feel if you rebuilt two awful teams--and built one from scratch--only to get fired and see your successor reach the World Series (and win it, in the case of Torre and Brenly)? I mean, I know he grates on people after, like, an hour on the job but still, he's a smart baseball guy and that's got to be a tough pill to swallow to know your ship sailed THREE TIMES without you aboard.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

i do a little bit but the stick up his ass is about as big as the one up Girardi's. i remember being stunned that the Yankees let him go. but i also remember a buddy who had been around Buck saying that no one trusted him. it was odd because it seemed like he would be a guy Steinbrenner would love. i also remember people playing up how Mattingly was Buck's pal from minor league days. my buddy said Mattingly may respect his knowledge but wouldn't trust him for a second.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

That is impossible. :D

I don't doubt that's true. I also don't doubt there are far worse Machiavellian characters out there sitting in MLB managerial offices. Including the guy in the Bronx.

Draft saved Draft deleted