1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Yankees/Orioles game is a joke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Sep 6, 2011.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

What's ridiculous is waiting four freakin' hours to start this game. Then starting it in this weather.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Do they still have a pressbox phone? Great night to prank it.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm sure, but he's often referenced falling asleep for especially late and/or long games.

4. YankeeFan

It must really suck to be you. You seem miserable.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Nah, it's awesome being me. I just hate the Yankees, like most people in the world.

6. YankeeFan

Congratulations to Tom Jolly for coining a new term, the midnight-daylight doubleheader:

@TomJolly -- Tom Jolly

Too bad the weather is so bad; I'd go watch the #Yankees play game 1 of their midnight-daylight doubleheader.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Game's moving along pretty well so far.

Yanks and Red Sox should take note.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Watching Phillies-Braves on MLB. Game started late because of rain and ending close to midnight. Even though game was played in full, if you have a ticket to the game, an announcement on the scoreboard said they'll honor the ticket to one of six games next year. Granted, it'll be the Astros or the Padres, but still, I don't suspect the Yankees will make a similar offer.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Had tickets to this game. Was going to go with three buddies, including one who I haven't seen since he got laid off several months ago. We texted back and forth all day and finally at 6 decided not to go. They all had to drive in and didn't want to drive, then sit for a few hours, get it canceled and drive home. I'm only about 25 minutes away on the subway. Kind of wish I would have gone, would have been a great story to tell. Kind of glad I didn't, can't imagine sitting there for four hours by myself. Would have felt like Travis Bickle by the end of it.

Similar thing happened three years ago when my cousin visited for one of the final games at the old Stadium. Rained all day, knew they wouldn't play it. We sat there for three hours in the stands before they called it. But that wasn't bad because he'd never been to the stadium so we were able to sit in it for three hours, then made it to the second game of the doubleheader the next night.

The guy who bought our tickets is demanding they give him a rain check.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

For two teams who never have to worry about a lost gate and the impact on the bottom line, the Yankees and Red Sox are the absolute worst when it comes to banging a game.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Yankees have done similar things in the past, including earlier this year, I believe.

Same thing though. It'll be against the A's or the Mariners or some team like that.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So is it safe to say everyone here is rooting for this thing to go about 19 innings?

Draft saved Draft deleted