1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This will not end well... PD reporter slams paper's sports department

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It is amazing how much editors and publishers freak out over criticism in the alternative weekly papers...

This will probably have more of an impact on how the Plain Dealer is run than any of us are willing to admit, but it will also probably get someone fired in the process...

If I was this desker, I would be scared shitless... It's probably only a matter of time before the paper starts checking everyone's work emails and web histories...

Hell, this site has caused more than one paper to do the same thing and that's for something not anywhere close to as big as this...

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If he has the Guild in his corner, as he should, he'll be a lot better off.

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

If this guy did it from home, how can they figure out who did it? If he did it from work, then, yeah, he's up shit creek. If I was him/her, I would have done it on someone else's computer while they were at lunch or something.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Yeah, someone I didn't like.

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Which probably will be the alibi if they nail someone whose computer it came from. "B-b-b-but I was at l-l-l-lunch at 3:47 p.m. that d-d-d-day."

6. boots

boots New Member

That's even more cowardly. It's also very juvenile.

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

You are!

8. boots

boots New Member

No I have no problems speaking to Roy or Livi or Bud. Furthermore, if I have a problem I'm man enough to face it and not do it from an anonymous computer board.
    Also, why would you reply the way you did unless you wrote the original piece?

9. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Blogs will be the death of society.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

That made me laugh.

11. You should write a blog about that.

12. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Also, if you read the blog again, notice how the person remarks that deskers are getting jobbed out of writing assignments because of some guy from news side helping out in sports. Whoops!

Draft saved Draft deleted