1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This will not end well... PD reporter slams paper's sports department

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 2, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'm dumb enough to work for The Plain Dealer!

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I didn't know blondebomber worked at the Plain Dealer.

3. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Not for nothin', but it was obviously written by a desker, not a reporter.

4. Now we know where the guy from the Virginian Pilot thread ended up.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Fat fucking chance.

6. VJ

VJ Member

I'm guessing management would respond better to a memo instead of an anonymous slam in a weekly, but that's just me. I must be old fashioned.

7. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

I would guess there would be a response to this, but I doubt it's the one envisioned to improve the section. Isn't Mary Kay the blondebomber?

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Or a publisher.

9. Editude

Editude Active Member

Being critical is one thing, although the who-asked-you component comes into play. But the low-brow nicknaming and juvenile descriptions are just small and negate any of the intended (truish or not) message.

10. boots

boots New Member

The whole thing is childish. Every day, that person wakes up with an option. They can stay home or go to work. They decide to go to work, which means they decide to put up with whatever bullshit is happening.
    The guy should save the drama for his momma because no paper or job is utopia. If he doesn't like what's going on, he can resign.

11. I'm young. What is the origin of this wonderful and so-often-repeated expression?

12. Yeah, if you can't stand the BO then get out of the kitchen ... or something like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted