1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This will cure all of the Catholic Church's ills.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jun 15, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I told him I suffered from leprosy. He recoiled in horror.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Heck, if you're going to church, it would seem kind of against message to have a problem with holding someone's hand in fellowship.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Should have given him a hand...

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's a personal space issue... let me offer it, dont just grab it...

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

yeah. Look at the Southern Baptists.... (ducking)

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I cast thee into Hell-uh!

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

A) It was a family wedding. In the last eight years, I've been to mass four times: three weddings and a funeral.

B) The church has bigger problems than fellowship and not holding hands during the "Our Father." An overall decline in the number of young church-goers nationally and the church's protection of child-molesting priests are two that come to mind.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

been there. Done that.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Actually this is an effort to return more of the language of the older liturgy.
    So it's actually closer to the older Tridentine Mass.

And sexually assaulting children, or anybody of any age, is a sin. That's already part of the rules.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Shit, in the Chicago Archidocese, you're lucky if people take off their coats in church.

In Indianapolis, I saw priests who questioned whether the resurrection happened. That's kind of a big thing to leave hanging, what with it being the basis of the faith and all.

As for changing prayers... everything my son learned for Communion last year is now all shot to hell. What a waste!

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If it's a part of the rules, why do the powers-that-be protect these pedophiles?

12. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

Ninety minutes? Holy shit. The pastor at my parish growing up was a big football fan - noon mass on Sunday was always over in time for the 1:00 kickoffs.

Draft saved Draft deleted