1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This week's SI (07.08.09)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Jul 8, 2009.

1. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Love the "Where Are They Now?" series. Funny, 'cause I was just thinking the other day about what happened to Dave Dravecky. Honestly, I thought he had passed away.

I also love the profiles of the '79 Pirates and Orioles, a World Series matchup that I loved. Haven't had a chance to sit down with it, but I'm looking forward to reading the story on Earl Weaver.

And George Blanda is 81! Good god.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I thought Blanda was 81 when he was playing for the Raiders.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Fuck Sister Sledge.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just got done with the previous week's issue. I don't know if the writers are adjusting to the tighter stories or what but I found the Selena Roberts article on Mark Martin very well done. Really tight and compact, kind of like Martin. (the thing about turning down the bed and not having decorative lighting in his yard?) And I really liked the job Thomas Lake did on the softball players from Central Washington. You know it's a good story, well told, when you realize even without the "nut event" that brought the story about, the people involved are worthy of a story.

Draft saved Draft deleted