1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This week's David Hasselhoff report

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

They got the "ooga-chaga, ooga, ooga" chant from Jonathan King's version, which was a hit in England about three years after the B.J. Thomas original.

King also discovered Genesis, 10cc and the Bay City Rollers.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

May! Turn off the Bay City Rollers! The match is on!

[​IMG]

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You have no idea how big a chub I am sporting right now over the fact that you have screen shots from that video as your signature now. Please never change it. "Craptasity" is the perfect description for it. I'll never forget the day someone sent me the link to it. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe, which was unfortunate because I was in a serious office setting and everyone in the offices around me thought I had gone off the deep end. Each time I thought I was about to catch my breath, something more craptastic would happen and I'd end up doubled over in pain again from the laughter. It probably took me two dozen times before I could watch it without passing a kidney stone from laughing too hard.

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I can't believe what just transpired within the last five minutes. In fact, I'm not sure if it even did happen. I'm numb. My life has forever been altered and I don't know if that's good or bad. I'm not sure if I should punch you or hug you for posting that video.

I'm going to watch it again.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Alright. So I went back and watched and re-watched the video. I think I've boiled it down to seven remarkable highlights.

(Note: The list excludes the following: anytime the Hoff is flying, anytime the lesbian angels are featured and anytime the Hoff's fist is prominently involved. In reality, there's probably about 35 or 40 highlights, but due to space we're cutting it off at seven. Included is the time said highlight occurs.)

16 seconds--The first time we see Hoff in his fur jumpsuit, which morphs into him tobogganing down a hill while standing up.

:37--The superimposed weiner dogs.

:46--The surprisingly athletic Hoff outjumping the Seattle Sonics' 2006 first-round pick.

1:30--The little shake the Hoff gives the camera when it pans away just as he's breaking into the chorus.

2:13--The uber-intense look on the Hoff's face during his forearm dance.

2:25--You have to look closely, but when the Hoff flies in behind the other Hoff, he glides up to him and right before he gets to himself, he gives himself a quick, but passionate look. A look that said, "I wanna fuck you."

3:11--His running tantrum across the screen.

6. zufer

zufer Active Member

Ask and ye shall receive...

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/hoff/-/pv_design_details/pg_1/id_13021107/opt_/fpt_/c_/hlv_t

[​IMG]

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You have no idea how tempting the pink women's tee is for me. I'm currently resisting however.

8. The Big Ragu

Don't know about the T-shirt, but I think my apartment's motify would be complete if I could find a framed photo of the Hoff in the fur jumpsuit.

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I've watched this video so many times since last night, the song has been stuck in my head all day. Somebody please talk me down off the ledge. Please.

10. The Big Ragu

I warned you in my original post. They finally had to tie me down to a table and do a forced lobatomy. You may live to 100, but you'll never be the same.

11. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I know you did. That's making it worse. The only good thing about this is I'm going to show everybody I know and ruin/change their lives as well.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Glad I waited until after work to check this out. I'm in tears and my face is redder than Hoff's "Baywatch" trunks.

Draft saved Draft deleted