1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This weather sucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Mar 3, 2008.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Was 70 & Sunny here Sunday. Snowed Monday and dropped to 25.

You would not get any complaints on the heat from me. I have often said that I am owed a 90+ degree day for every winter day that had to keep me indoors because it was too cold. With the way this winter went, there ought to be quite a few.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There isn't shit moving right now. This is 10 times worse than Monday, when at least it was slushy.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

We could get up to 10 inches here in SW Indiana. 3-4 turns the place into gridlock.

I'm off today. I'm gonna kick back, have a beer and enjoy the view.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But you and I both know the evening news will feature footage of some guys in big ole trucks who think they can drive on it. That's always good for laughs.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It was windy, too. Just one of those cold, not-quite-freezing-but close, raw days that make you want to bundle up inside. And I know someone who has 10 inches of snow piling up on the front walk, just waiting to be shoveled, would disagree. :)
    Plus, when you're living up north you don't know what you're missing. When you go from 75 down to 40 in less than 24 hours, you hate that cold weather just a little more. Plus, all of the tornado, flood and thunderstorm warnings Monday night took up half the TV screen. Even when I wasn't checking to see if I needed to jump in the tub, I couldn't see the shows.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

If you need something to warm your heart, the Red Sox are in the middle of a 9th inning collapse in a spring training game on ESPN.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

On and off heavy rain with a thunderstorm passing by. High school baseball tournament was canceled when I was there. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Forecast went from six inches to nine inches of snow during the night and into the morning.
    Back to nearly 70 by Tuesday.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It's sunny and in the 40s today. Supposed to snow tonight and be in the 20s. Then back to the upper 40s and 50s for the foreseeable future. This is payback for the -35 days we've had this winter.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Rather than create a d_b, I figured I'd use this thread to post a rant.

Severe thunderstorms. Again. You're fucking kidding me. After I get caught in a fucking tornado yesterday, you're going to hit us with another severe thunderstorm.

Are you TRYING to make it impossible for me to cut the grass later this week?

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, certainly not as bad as a tornado, but forecast here for Thursday is 94 degrees. Now, that in itself isn't bad, but here in the Ohio River valley (Cincinnati), it's never just hot. The humidity has to be jacked up, too. One of the many reasons I hate this God-forsaken shithole.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Sounds like the D.C. area, too. Of course, the land Washington, D.C. itself is on was swamp land.

Draft saved Draft deleted