1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This weather sucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It was 82 degrees as a high yesterday. I was golfing and wearing shorts and a t-shirt.
    Now, it is 34 and snowing with wind gusts near 40 mph.
    Lame.
    It dropped 41 degrees between 7 p.m. and 2 a.m. last night.
    I want 80 and sunny again.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Golfed Friday.

80 Saturday.

They said colder and windy by noon Sunday. I went golfing at 8am and 55 degrees. By the time I got to the 7th green, the temp had dropped 18 degrees and wind was screaming out of the north.

Snow last night and this morning.

70 tomorrow.

Snow Wednesday.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I don't want to hear any complaining from you when it's 110 degrees in the middle of July.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Good point.
    It is supposed to be 70 tomorrow. But still, this is bullshit.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Up here in the Northeast, I'm definitely ready for Spring. But hell, if we're going to have a winter, let's at least have a real one. Every dinky snowstorm we have ends up as rain.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

It's 50 degrees and sunny here. In March, that qualifies as a picture perfect day. Of course, there's still about a foot of snow on the ground and more to come starting late tonight. So quit your complaining.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

It's raining sideways here.

That's all I've got.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'm in the middle of the country. I kinda expect snow one day, fog the next, 70 degrees the next, thunderstorms with tornados the next and thunder snow the next.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It approached 60 yesterday and the muni golf course down the street was packed. I was tempted but resisted playing; knowing that we're at least a month away from everyday golf weather. When I get the sticks out I want them to stay out.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's 8 C in The Centre of the Universe. That's 46F for those of you who are metric challenged. :)

It's still winter. We are not out of this yet. Snow is on the way

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Got plenty of sunscreen, a place by the pool and plenty of cold beer. I'm all set, thanks.

12. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

We had our first tornado watch of the year yesterday. That's a clear sign spring is nearly here.

Draft saved Draft deleted