1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This used to be the sj.com football poll thread. Now it's just nothin...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Re: First Call: 2009 SportsJournalists.com college football poll is looking for participants

I'll sling lame line for line with anybody. You want lame? YOU CAN'T HANDLE LAME!

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: First Call: 2009 SportsJournalists.com college football poll is looking for participants

LAME! Come Back!

[​IMG]

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He's been in this for two years and he's voted for more SEC schools than he has members of the National League East.

Don't ask about the Norris Division tho.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Oh. Oh. Oh. Can I be in? Please?

5. Re: First Call: 2009 SportsJournalists.com college football poll is looking for participants

Haven't heard anything back via PM so I'm restating my interest here. Slappy, I know this is extreme since I've never posted, but I'm hoping you meant it when you said you were looking for voters with both high and low post counts. Just to reiterate what I wrote in my PM, I cover preps at a relatively large daily in the Mid-Atlantic and follow college football heavily. My ties are to the Big Ten - the conference of the school I attended - but follow everything from the ACC to the WAC. My ballots will be well-thought-out and sent in a timely manner, and I look forward to potentially joining the discussion I enjoyed reading last season each week when the new poll was released.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Don't worry, dragon. I'm sure slappy hasn't forgotten. And I'm sure it's probably too much to respond to each individual IM. I'm guessing there's at least 30 applicants.

He did say the deadline was July 31, so we got 10 days left.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bump

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Re: Second Call: 2009 SportsJournalists.com college football poll is looking for participants

How many applicants you get so far?

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Re: Second Call: 2009 SportsJournalists.com college football poll is looking for participants

Would like to get in for my third year representin' Canuckistan.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: FINAL CALL: 2009 SportsJournalists.com college football poll is looking for participants

Last Bump: If you haven't send me a PM to request a spot, send it by Friday night. If you post it here, I won't look for it.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Re: FINAL CALL: 2009 SportsJournalists.com college football poll is looking for participants

Are you not replying to PM's as confirmation or just waiting to see how many total interested parties you get?

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And it's appropriate. Simon Fraser University has applied to join the NCAA¹. You have to wonder how the ... ah ... um ... ethnically sensitive NCAA leadership feels about welcoming a new member whose athletic teams are "the Clan²."

[​IMG]

¹After many years in the National Association for Ineligible Athetes.
    ²Referring to Scottish clans, of course, not Nathan Bedford Forrest and his philosophical offspring. I fully expect the NCAA to misunderstand.

Draft saved Draft deleted