1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This used to be the sj.com football poll thread. Now it's just nothin...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Jul 13, 2009.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Re: First Call: 2009 SportsJournalists.com college football poll is looking for participants

Considering how unreliable BYH is, I think I need to be back in the fold so there is at least one voter from the NYC area, where no one real gives a shit about college football because there isn't as team worth caring about for at least 200 miles.
    This, of course, makes me the most objective of all voters.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Re: First Call: 2009 SportsJournalists.com college football poll is looking for participants

I only vote in years when Ball State is in the BCS hunt.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I wouldn't mind participating. I don't tie myself to a particular conference, but I find myself mostly watching the Big 10, SEC and Big 12 games. Go figure.

Considering I live on the East Coast, I wouldn't mind having to worry about the Big East or ACC.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I've got commitments this fall that require me to bow out this year, so someone will have to take up the mantle for flyover country.

But trust me, I'll still be reading each week!

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hey, I am in flyover country if you are going from NYC to West Palm Beach!

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'll do it if you need me.

7. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

The Bobcats were a disappointing 4-8 and not far removed from a MAC East Division championship, although putting them even in the top 75 of any preseason poll was not a good idea.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And yet...

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'll pass for this year, since it looks like my specific geographic region is well represented already.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They got votes in the coaches poll in 1994 when they were like 0-16. Screw all of you!!!!!!!

11. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'm not able to follow college football close enough to deserve a vote in polls like this. If I did, however, I'd be all over this one. I have, in years past, participated in Two Daves Pick The SEC, usual alongside Mr. Muscatel. That way, I can hide my ignorance behind lame attempts at stereotypical school/coach humor. Man, do I miss the days of Nutt and Dick at Arkansas.

Wait, that doesn't sound right.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You sayin your lame attempts would be better than my lame attempts?

Draft saved Draft deleted