1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Thread Won't End Well ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

What's sad is, I actually contemplated leaving the lone COMMENT on the thread I started, calling people out for having the gall to not comment on my thread (while erasing the indignity of having a thread I started with a big fat 0 in the REPLIES column). Luckily, I came to my senses and realized that if I did that, I might be crossing a line for which there's no coming back from.
    It's suddenly occured to me I probably shouldn't have openly admitted this crossed my mind.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You got a birthday? Remember me when it comes.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Damn it.

4. Hate to crossthread, Mr. Simon, but you and humor don't mix.

I was just dissecting a phrase we hear all the time and being literal about it. Writers do that.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Oh, that was humorous?

I thought "dilligence" was humorous.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Or how about the ignominy of having the last post on the thread? Laying out a comment that douses the fire on the discussion, removes the will from other posters to comment, or is otherwise so inane that readers can only gape openmouthed and then sidle away for good, never to return to said thread.

Could even have an end of year award based on who had the last post to the most topics: The Threadkiller of the Year Award.

One of our illustrious site statisticians could probably compile the humiliating results rather easily I would think.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Where can I pick up my trophy?

8. I don't use spellchecker. I'm living life on the edge ...

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Um....Buckin'...ewww...the character is a little girl....I forget how small, but under 10, I think....just ew....

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Simon, perhaps a good surgeon could help you out and remove that giant bug that's up your butt.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Would surgeons do that or exterminators? Well, I guess you don't want anything toxic up your rear end, though I wouldn't be too crazy about a tube, either. But that's probably just me.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

The Gene Simmons thread didn't end well, I assume? :'(

Draft saved Draft deleted