1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Thread Won't End Well ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Do any threads end well?

Seriously. Has there ever been a thread that truly ended well? I mean, they technically don't end unless they're locked or deleted, right?

And even if they do survive and become buried beneath pages of newer threads - they still run the risk of being revived by Chazp a year later.

What sort of sad existence is that? Created, posted on mercilessly for a few hours or even weeks, and then, if you're lucky enough to survive the moderator's knife, just ignored for months until someone shakes you awake with an "LOL!"

So, ladies and gentlemen, I beg of you to use caution when you conceive of these threads. Take time and due dilligence. Do we really need another poll or another political thread? Have we used our previous threads to their full potential?

Put some real thought into them.

Because they never end well.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

On another board I frequent, the thread originator has the ability to delete the thread. I randomly delete threads I create ... just for fun.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I like to think some threads just gently expire after a long and fruitful life.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think as long as a thread doesn't get locked for reasons other than length, then it's served its purpose. While it may not have ended well, per se, it didn't end badly, which I think is just as important.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

It just goes gently unto that good night ... until chaz bumps it.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Sometimes, heaven just needed a thread.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

Indeed, the The "ack" and Arctic Holiday Inn threads faded gently into the good night, or day since they were dominated by night shift folks.

Ahhh, good times.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

I laughed VERY loudly at that.

9. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I grinned as well.

I'm kind of thinking the same thing. Perhaps the single thread I started on here wasn't necessarily a great idea. That creature won't die.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I heard they go to a nice farm in the country where they have lots of room to run.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Or, if it was a thread started by a certain dickhead... 8 seconds.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I thought they went to thread heaven?

Draft saved Draft deleted