1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This summer, no one will be safe... (a Van Halen reunion)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by steveu, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Here's your link for Crowded House:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16790411/

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

You forgot the Gensis reunion tour (no Peter Gabriel) this summer as well.
    For the Beatles it would have to be a father & son "reunion" - Paul, Ringo, Julian (Lennon), and whatever George's kid's name is.

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Saw VH with Gary Cherone and thought it was great. Went with a friend who's seen VH in concert many, many times and he still says it's the best show he's seen.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Major D_B.

On the same topic as VH ... yesterday Mark Goodman was doing his bit on Sirius 15 and got to talking about an informal e-mail poll they had done regarding which singer VH fans prefer. Dave won, but there was a lot of concern among voters that his voice is shot.

So whaddya think, gang? Can Dave still carry a tune or will he doing an Ashlee Simpson in concert? (assuming the tour happens --- rumors circulate that the tour will be postponed and/or canceled)

Also ... how did Sammy play Tahoe last weekend and none of us knew about it? :D

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

As Hall of Fame beckons, Van Halen tour implodes

By Geoff Boucher
    Originally published February 25, 2007

For Van Halen, the stars seemed aligned for a triumphant 2007. Next month, the group will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the plan was to follow that with a summer reunion tour that would feature David Lee Roth back at the mike for the first time since the Reagan years.

But, once again, the backstage soap opera of Van Halen is the story of the day.

The Van Halen tour has been "shut down," according to a top official at Live Nation, the huge concert promoter that finally surrendered in the face of the chaos surrounding guitar hero Eddie Van Halen. Roth, meanwhile, says he is unsure whether the mercurial guitarist will even travel to New York for the Hall of Fame induction March 12.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/custom/aetoday/bal-ae.filler25feb25,0,5934160.story?coll=bal-aetoday-headlines

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Mr. Meredith, could we please have a round of "Turn out the lights / The party's over" in honor of this shocking (shocking, I tell you! I am totally stunned) development?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good. Fuck Eddie.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Ahem.

Bumba deeda, bumba deeda, bumba deeda deeda . .

Happy Trails . . . To you (da deeda bumba deeda)
    Until, we meet, again (da deeda deeda)

Happy Trails . . to you (da deeda bumba deeda)
    Keep smiling, until then!!!!!

WHO!!!!!!!!

Cares about the clouds when we're together!

JUST!!!!!

Sing a song and think 'bout sunny wea-eh-eh-ther!

Happy Trails . . to you
    'Til we meet (bum bum bum bum)

Aaaaaaaaa. . . .gaaiinnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. hachat11

hachat11 Member

I think this does it — Eddie's certifiably insane. He just doesn't have a clue. At all.
    I will say this — I saw the last tour with Sammy and the show was just horrible. Eddie was way, way off and there was zero energy.
    But Eddie is also a complete idiot.

10. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Looks like someone owes me 50 bucks.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Maybe VH can tour with G-n-R. If both bands play a full show, you get your money back.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And now it's back on again...

Draft saved Draft deleted