1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This song reminds me of ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I was in that neighborhood just the other day.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

You could do a lot worse than the Tuckahoe/Douglass Freeman neighborhood. Henrico County there is like Chesterfield County without the commute on the Powhite.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I went to Short Pump for the first time in a few years. It's crazy how much stuff is there now. Also appears to be a haven for Cougars.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The Gateway to Goochland.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I drive past that area on my commute to work every day. I wish I lived there and not south of the river. Would simplify things a great deal, although we got more house for our dollar where we are.

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Heard another one yesterday on my way home from work: Hold Your Head Up / Argent. Always takes me back to the summer of '72, between my junior and senior year of high school, a wild time that ended abruptly when my best friend was killed in a car crash that Labor Day weekend. I've beaten myself up ever since over the fact that I wasn't there when he died and maybe could have averted what happened. Of course, I also could have been there and gotten killed myself (although the person who was with him survived the wreck).

As if that wasn't bad enough, his funeral was the same day as the Munich Massacre at the Olympics. We were literally parking the car to go to the funeral when the news came on that the hostages had all been killed on the runway. Just an awful day. That summer was the last time in my life that I was carefree and innocent. I've had a lot of carefree moments in the years since, but I lost my innocence that year and never got it back.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

A local radio station plays Another One Bites the Dust in heavy rotation. Song always reminds me of the skating rink in my hometown.

On a related note, Supertramp's The Logical Song always transports me back to the local swimming pool as a kid.

Draft saved Draft deleted