1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This site is a spyware trigger

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

For the last few days, everytime I've been on SportsJournalists.com, my computer's anti-spyware program (PC Cilin) says there is spyware on this site.
    How did that happen and can it be fixed?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Possibly unrelated, but for the past four days or so the site has been CRAWLING for me. I have to click on each thing three times, and wait 10-15 seconds for the page to load.

Webby says he hasn't noticed anything and hasn't gotten any other complaints. Am I the only one? I've run my Spybot and my AdAware, both say I'm clean. And I have AVG installed.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm not having any problems whatsoever.

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

No problems for me, but I'm on a Mac. Spyware usually isn't interested in us.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Zero problems here too.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

It's our employers, wondering what we're up to ...

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

IJAG, did you install the latest updates of AdAware and Spybot? I only ask becuase I know a lot of people who download them, never installe the updates and then miss a ton of the spyware on their comp.

Personally, no problems with this sites.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's a shade slower tonight, but zone alarm hasnt caught anything out of the norm

9. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

I've had it happen when tried to click on a link from this site. But I have PC Cillin also. Maybe it's just sensitive.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

No problems here in terms of speed.

Only problem I have is if my cursor is pointed at one of the banner ads, I can't scroll with my mouse button. But I just have to move the cursor off the ad and it's fine.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Every time I run them, I check for updates. I should be up to speed on those.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ads? [/sjsubscriber]

;D

Draft saved Draft deleted