1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This should be fun.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

How many people are just going to pronounce his first name only?
  2. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

K-Fuke. Or K-Dome.
  3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

So when he goes yard, what announcer can resist saying, "And there's a big Fuku to (insert pitcher's name here)....
  4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

There's a long drive. Straightaway center. It's in the seats folks! A prodigious blast to the deepest part of the ballpark!
  5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What's the correct pronunciation? It looks like it should be "Fook-U-Do-May."
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was my guess, too, Doc.

I wonder if he realizes that in English, his last name reads like an obscene text message.
  7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I was close, dammit!
  9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

ESPN Radio 1000 in Chicago reports the Cubs have signed Fukudome to a four-year deal. I'll provide a link when there is one.

EDIT: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3151060&teamId=16&sport=mlb
  10. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

"suk" and "Fuk" in the same guy's name ... someone's just knocked Grigor Fucka off the top spot on the "Dirty-Sounding Names in American Sports" list. He might be well-advised to adopt a pseudonym. (BTW, "Pat Morita" is available again.)
  11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

12. My pronunciation, now and forever:

Kosucky? Fuck you, do me
Draft saved Draft deleted