1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Olympic statement deserves its own thread....ah, those Commies have a heart

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Aug 12, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yes. LL Cool J's song, "Doin' It" was a duet with a female rapper named LeShaun. But she wasn't in the video, and LL said at the time it was because she, a larger woman, wasn't what he wanted for the look because it was a sexy song.

LeShaun's wikipedia page says LL said it was because of her pregnancy, but I remember her pointing out the lyric that says "How a big girl like it, daddy" as proof it was about a bigger girl.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ugh....

3. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Re: This Olympic statement deserves its own thread....ah, those Commies have a h

Not to be an old fuddy, duddy. But you are aware how ethnocentric all of this sounds, right.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: This Olympic statement deserves its own thread....ah, those Commies have a h

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Wonderful!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, spnited. By all means, please stop by every hour or so to litter the Olympic threads with your views of the Opening Ceremonies. We all want to make sure we stay up to speed on all of your views that don't change. ::)

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't get the need to shit on threads about things you hate. Just stay the fuck off them and post on the fucking baseball thread.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

WTF!?! That's my line!

9. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

I'm not sure why the Brits are so worried. Sure, the Beijing Olympic ceremonies were great, but it's not like London has a shit ton of human rights violations to cover up.

At least not human rights violations that occurred in the last 50 years and are subject to daily news, a la China's.

10. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Postscript: CNN just ran a short item on the Opening Ceremony lip-synching story, after which a female anchor (Malveaux?) said, "They're both beautiful little girls."

She then threw it to Jack Cafferty, who deadpanned, "Well, one of them's more beautiful than the other. That's why they did it."

Pure evil. Pure brilliance.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That's so terrible. But I laughed. And, yeah I saw the picture of the other little girl and thought she was cute.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It just seems the the Brits know they have a tough act to follow with the opening ceremonies and are trying to knock the Chinese effort down a peg or two. Right now I think they'll have to flood the Olympic Stadium and reenact the Battle of Traflagar to come close.

Draft saved Draft deleted