1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Olympic statement deserves its own thread....ah, those Commies have a heart

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Aug 12, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Then watch a multi-million man army come bumrushing U.S. forces in theatre? Hello suicide hotline!

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Believe me, I ain't saying it's right.
    But do you ever remember anyone pulling something like this where it's pretending someone else sang it.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I feel bad for the pretty girl who can't sing.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

As I said before about all opening ceremonies...I don't watch, I don't care, I think they are a huge waste of time.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Lina Lamont in Singin' In The Rain?

7. markvid

markvid Guest

I meant a subject that mattered

:D

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Ok, I should clarify...a government doing it.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Why does it matter who did it? It's just a show.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Re: This Olympic statement deserves its own thread....ah, those Commies have a h

Cher, Britney - they process their voice thru a synthesizer within an inch of its life. I am not defending the replacing of the 7 year-old, but once you take the step of lip-synching, its all phoney-baloney to me.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

You're right, but I wouldn't even have blinked had they not replaced the person who sang.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Re: This Olympic statement deserves its own thread....ah, those Commies have a h

It sure seems that a lot of these "fake" Olympic Ceremony stories are coming from the British press. I wonder why that is? And I give credit to the director of the ceremony for giving the real singer some recognition, I'm sure THAT isn't considered projecting the right image by the party bosses.

Draft saved Draft deleted