1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Olympic statement deserves its own thread....ah, those Commies have a heart

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Aug 12, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=ap-china-lip-synchedsong&prov=ap&type=lgns

I understand the intent, I really do. But isn't this a slap in the face to the singer? Why not as Shaoyang suggested, get a girl that had both attributes?

And I bet the ugly girl meant what she said. With the politburo rep standing in front of her and five others surrounding her parents, ready to send them on a "break."

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: This Olympic statement deserves its own thread....ah, those Commies have a h

So the Chinese are no better than C&C Music Factory?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Or LL Cool J.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: This Olympic statement deserves its own thread....ah, those Commies have a h

LL Cool J?

5. markvid

markvid Guest

So, the Chinese are akin to the Nazis.
    You aren't perfect in looks? We don't acknowledge you exist.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Don't go there. [/Jemele Hill]

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Oh, I will...that government just postponed their ethnic cleansing for 17 days.
    The IOC should be in jail for giving them anything.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Markvid is right. I think the day after the closing ceremony we should just nuke the whole damn country and be rid of those fucking commies.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

It has nothing to do wit them being commies.
    It's them being psychotic enough to think that we'd all believe that all their kids look perfect and beautiful and that any other representation of their country is unacceptable.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

I told my dad he and his buddies shoulda finished the job in '51 when they had them on the run north of the 38th parallel in Korea.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Communist Chinese Music Factory. What did YOU think C&C stood for? :D

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yeah, like the better looking people don't get put on display in the US.

Draft saved Draft deleted