1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This might be a stupid question, but ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

One of my favorite bits on Steve Czaban's morning show is the "This might be a stupid question, but ... " where callers ask the hosts questions that bother them so. Sometimes they have the answers. Sometimes they don't.

Considering the collective knowledge is deeper and wider than the Pacific Ocean, I thought we could solve a lot of each other's questions. So don't be afraid. Don't be embarrassed.

I'll start ... I know football kickers wear usually soccer shoes on their kicking foot. But why do they wear mismatched colors? Usually the plant shoe is white, and the kicking shoe is black. Is that a league rule or something?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

All I know is that kickers are exempt from the league-mandated uniform policy regarding footwear. They're allowed to wear whatever different color shoes than their teammates, who must wear all black or all white.

3. What's the deal with the food on airplanes?

4. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

There are no stupid questions. Only stupid people.

5. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

There are no stupid questions. Only stupid answers.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If an offense only needs to get the nose of the ball over the goalline for a touchdown, why does an offense avoid a safety if it merely gets the nose of the ball over goalline (leaving most of the ball in the endzone)?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Because the ball is always measured at its furthest point forward.

Draft saved Draft deleted