1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

this might be a repeat of a few years back, but MOST STUPID SPORTS CITY...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Apr 14, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm an idiot for still paying attention to the Pirates.

As for a city, I will throw Richmond, VA into the mix.

A state capital, with over a million people living in the area, will possibly have no professional baseball, no professional basketball, no major college football, no college hoops above VCU and U of R and no affiliation to a parent club for its minor league hockey team.

The baseball stadium needs blown up and the pro arena needs a thorough cleaning.

Pretty crappy all things considered.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That may not make Richmond stupid, though.

I bet they can proudly proclaim that not one dime of taxpayer money goes to a over-wealthy sports owner or spoiled athlete.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But no minor league baseball, Yawn?

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'm kind of curious myself. The Colts fans are smart enough to shut up when Peyton Manning does his chicken dancing. I've heard libraries that are louder. The Pacers fans are smart enough not to show up when the team clearly doesn't give a shit about what they're doing, although I must say by year's end they were finally starting to look like they cared.

Now if you want to argue IU basketball fans as stupid beyond a reasonable doubt, then I'm with you. Specifically, the ones still pining after Bob Knight and wondering why the dunk was ever allowed back in.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

So, you're saying you're best friends with the only reasonably intelligent Cowboys fan. :D

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

You'll get no argument from me toward the Cleveland of the South.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think a case could be made for LA.

Draft saved Draft deleted