1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

this might be a repeat of a few years back, but MOST STUPID SPORTS CITY...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Apr 14, 2008.

1. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Living in Ohio my whole life, I have seen the worst from the whole state. Browns fans tossing snow balls at an injured photographer on the sideline. The Bengals losing for 15 straight years and still drawing near sell-outs every week and defending the way Brown runs the team. Reds announcers ripping the team for lazy play, then listening to the complaints about the "lack of support" from all the brilliant callers in talk radio land. Ohio State fans ready to boot Tressel after 04 and 05. It's never ending.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It still does not make sense for the nation's second largest city to not have a team and Nashville does. Yet it also makes sense that Memphis does not and never will. So everything is well in the NFL.

3. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

How about KC?
    Best franchise there may be the KC Star.
    Royals have sucked forever. Chiefs haven't been to a Super Bowl since 1970.
    At least they have KU.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm not a die-hard fan by any means, but I always used to check to see how Minnesota did. I dealt with Tom and Stephan leaving, and again when Sprewell and Cassell left. But Garnett was, evidently, the last straw. I no longer check Yahoo! to see how they Timberwolves are doing, and I even thought of following Garnett or Ben Wallace -- my two favorite players. Instead, I stopped watching basketball.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I don't know if this makes them stupid, but St. Louis fans are by far some of the most fairweather ones I've seen.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

AMEN!

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

He's refering to the minor league Chicago Wolves, which had a multi-year run of being the only hockey team in town that gave a shit about its fans.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

come on, dude. i have no dog in the hunt but have to admit cardinals fans might be the best fans MLB has to offer.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wrong. They only think they are. Just ask them.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you have a dog in the hunt, doc. your opinion doesn't count.

11. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

It sure seems to me we're having a hard time defining "stupid," in this context.

12. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Lakers? I know success may skew, but they were still selling out in 1995.
    But, to a large extent, I agree with you. It couldn't be a Jacksonville castoff. I would have to be a team Los Angeles could identify with. Which is a whole other problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted