1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This lady thinks Kroger needs a drive-thru lane

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Central-KY-Kid, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/content/car-runs-kroger-dolphin-drive
    http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/content/woman-crashes-kroger-again

"Elizabethtown police identified the driver as June Blocker, 52, of Elizabethtown. The car is a 2006 Lincoln. Police said a Kroger manager detained Blocker until police arrived. She was taken into custody for questioning and a field sobriety test.

Police will review security tapes and talk to witnesses as part of the investigation and will determine if criminal charges will be filed, Kelly said. Police will not determine if the crash was intentional until the investigation concludes, he said.

Blocker also was involved in a similar incident 15 years ago after she drove a Ford Mustang through the front window of Kroger on Towne Drive. In that case, Blocker was charged with four counts of first-degree wanton endangerment and one count of first-degree criminal mischief.

In the prior incident in 1999, police told The News-Enterprise that Blocker previously was an employee of Kroger on Towne Drive and was barred from the store for making threats against other employees and a manager."

A semi-brief timeline:

Feb. 2014: Lady buys car earlier in day, rams car through Kroger on south side of town
    Feb. 2012: Lady arrested twice in two months for DUI
    Feb. 1999: Lady drives into ex-husband's yard. Mows down mailbox. Breaks ex-husband's front window of truck with a crow hammer.
    Jan. 1999: Lady drives into Kroger on north side of town
    Summer 1998: Lady goes into ex-husband's pool area. Strips. Refuses to leave. Throws brick through ex-husband's front window of house.
    Early 98 or before: Lady worked at and fired from Kroger.

This time, is there anything the authorities can do to legally take away her driving privileges?

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm sure driving without a license is *totally* where she'd draw the line.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I wonder what she is like in bed.

4. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying and probably wouldn't be surprised if she did it again. But I was shocked "driving without a license" was NOT one of the charges.

Oh, she's also banned from Wal-Mart in my area for threatening an employee with a baseball bat. Not sure where that fits on the timeline.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

One bullet would solve the situation.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well, doesn't it?

Draft saved Draft deleted