1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This just might do it: Fred Phelps whackos to picket VT funerals.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Apr 19, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I've never been able to hit blades. Gotta go with cavity-backs with a larger sweet spot.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If you'll notice, I beat you to it by two posts.

3. boots

boots New Member

If this crud shows up at any funeral, it's on. It wil and should be the beat down to end all beat downs.
    This country is seriously fucked up.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I've got my old Ping-Eye 2-iron that I don't hit with any co
    I've got you covered. I have my old Ping Eye-2 2-iron that came with my set. Naturally, like most 19 handicappers, I can't hit a 2-iron, so it sits in my garage.

Hondo, since you're a lot closer to the situation, I'd gladly lend it to you. It's a nice, cavity-backed club with the knife-like shape you expect out of a 2-iron.

You would have to weaken your grip to prevent hooking it, but if you want to hit a nice high draw into Phelps' temple, this is the club for you.

These people make me physically ill -- utter wastes of sperm. A Harley-riding buddy of mine knows a few of these Patriot Guard guys from rallies. He said they'll have the situation well in hand.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Wouldnt it be a bitch if Phelp's Slaps brought the wrong signs? Imagine the utter confusion of a VT funeral protest complete with signs relating to the Iraq war.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm a peaceful guy by nature, but I'd be tempted to inflict maximum damage for this kind of quote by Phelps' daughter:

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Well, the killer did sound like a right-wing preacher in the video, like someone who'd be running with the Phelps crowd.
    One of the victims is from the town next door to me. I'm up for a good necktie party if the Phelps clan shows up (or the kind of evisceration I wish the killer had lived long enough to receive).

8. IU90

IU90 Member

After all the arguing and snarky in-fighting on threads about more divisive issues, its kinda nice to see a unifying thread about a target that we can ALL uniformly despise together.

9. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Beat me to it. No one crawled out of the woodwork on this one.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

That's actually two subjects that have brought SportsJournalists.com together in harmony: Fred Phelps and the airline who kicked the screaming, bratty 3 year old off a plane.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The Phelps gang probably won't show. My paper has received many of his homemade press releases regarding military funerals in the area and he has yet to show his face. These funerals were all in the past year.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And lesbians.

Draft saved Draft deleted