1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This just might do it: Fred Phelps whackos to picket VT funerals.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Apr 19, 2007.

1. baskethead

baskethead Member

Please tell me whoever interviewed the daughter followed up her, "he's in hell but he did God's work" with the question, "How exactly does that work?" Not exactly a rousing endorsement for doing God's work. I wonder if Cho believed he was doing God's work and is now looking around at the flames saying, "What the fuck?"

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Something tells me those motorcycle dudes -- the Patriot Guard Riders -- will be there Monday to help. Those guys are awesome. They have my admiration.

Like Phelps' cult, the Patriot Guard Riders also began and are based in Kansas.

The link below is to a CNN story, which contains video links that shows both groups in action.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/06/btsc.lavandrera.funerals/

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You'd think a guy with a picture of He-Man for his avataar would have a sense of humor and our use of this forum to safely our anger at these scumbags. Apparently not.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Think it might have been a different group than the Patriot Guard Riders. Either way, I wouldn't have messed with these dudes.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

While they began in Kansas, they've become a nationwide organization, so now pretty much every state has their own Patriot Guard Riders.

6. Exactly. His wacko congregation consists of his family. Why they continue to get press amazes me.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

A few suicide bombers and the 9-11 hijackers are right next to him, and they've been asking the same question.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Bat? Gimme a '77 Buick. I'm doing to them what Elwood did to the Illinois Nazis.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I was just looking through my golf bag and noticed that a 60-degree wedge, swung at the right angle, would make an interesting dent in Phelps's skull. I would just have to weaken my grip so I don't hook it.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

"I HATE ILLINOIS NAZIS!!!"

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Why waste a good golf club on this piece of shit? Go get those 20 year old Spalding Executives you have in the attic.

12. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I hate Illinois Nazis.

Draft saved Draft deleted