1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This just might do it: Fred Phelps whackos to picket VT funerals.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So if someone goes up to Fred and caps him, would his followers disavow him since he was a sinner?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They'll go away a lot faster if somebody lays a ball bat up against their skull. Plus, they might just stay away.

It's time for somebody to put the hammer on these fuckers.

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I think so. But then his little anal spawn of a daughter probably takes over. The funniest thing about these people is that they're clearly complete morons, in addition to being crazy. It's fun to watch the interviews. Soooooo oblivious.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, yes. When doing a story for KU's student newspaper about Nancy Kassebaum, a Republican senator who's also the daughter to Alf Landon, who spoke on campus. She was moderate type, but not to Phelps, who believed she backed "log-cabin politics" that would lead to a gay America. Like any politician from Kansas has ever taken a liberal stance with gay rights, but Phelps has his beliefs, there's no changing them.

I'm sure his protest will be what it always is -- God punishing America with death for embracing the gay lifestyle. It's how he protests soldiers who have died overseas, it's probably how he would approach this, too.

5. I don't usually talk like a sanctimonious cocksucker but I'll make an exception for this guy: he'll learn there are things far worse than death ...

6. Oz has a point. If protesting at servicemen's funerals hasn't been enough, this won;t be, either.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It's hard to pick the MOST disturbing portion of that story...but here's two quotes that are atop the leaderboard.

However, there is hope. Good work, Virginia.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

This is pure destructive "fire in a theater" language.

That bitch must be jailed.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Grab a bat...
    Anyone up for a quick SportsJournalists.com get-together?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

All it would take is for the local cops to neglect to protect them and Fred Phelps and Friends would be quickly sent to the hereafter, where only they are predestined to go anyway.

11. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Yeah, I suppose Phelps and his fellow Nazis have the legal right to protest, but this is one time when I wouldn't be surprised if people turn on them in a more violent way.
    And what's to keep the police or security from reacting very s-l-o-w-l-y ....
    I'd love to see the police turn their backs to address "another matter" while VaTech football players pummel Phelps and his followers, but I guess that might be considered stooping to their level.
    Maybe we're all just better off overwhelming their message with a message of love, kindness and compassion. We know better.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But where's the sport in that?

Draft saved Draft deleted