1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This isn't a sports job, but it's legit ... (DC)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by DCEdits, Jun 25, 2012.

1. DCEdits

DCEdits New Member

Cheers .. Longtime member here, but posting on an alias. I know this is a SJ site, but there are lot of people looking at exit strategies from so-called "traditional" journalism and a lot of us don't even work in a newsroom (Hi YF!).

My office has a new opening. We're a website that focuses on foreign political, economic and government news with a strong emphasis on European items. The workload is extremely managable -- you'll edit 8-10 features per week. The workweek is 40 hours, 9-to-5, and vacation time is generous. The company is very family-friendly; when your child is too sick to go to school, you simply work from home rather than burning a vacation or sick day. Good healthcare, stock, a 401k and annual raises.

An experienced editor will make in the mid-$60s with us; someone with 2-5 years experience can expect mid-$50s. The work is in suburban DC.

If you want more, contact me by PM with your info and a link to a resume and I'll share the details.

DCE

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I know DC is expensive, but, good heavens, sounds too good to be true. Sure you won't have any shortage of qualified candidates.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Hmm. Very interesting.

4. DCEdits

DCEdits New Member

It's intriguing work, but definitely not what I thought I would be doing even five years ago. I like it enough that I'll retire here one day, God willing.

I should mention that all the editing and communication with the writers is done in English. It would be great if you had some foreign language experience but its not needed. I muddle along in English quite nicely.

5. Prepsportsmag

Prepsportsmag New Member

Hello there,

I'm interested in the job. How do I apply? Is there a link to apply online?

Thanks

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Try following this instructions in the OP:
    If you want more, contact me by PM with your info and a link to a resume and I'll share the details.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well, kiddo, you fail on reading comprehension, which I'd assume would be a big part of the job itself.

KJIM beat me to it.

8. DCEdits

DCEdits New Member

As an update, I'm expecting this job to be posted in the next 10 days or so. Many thanks to those who have contacted me so far.

9. Dustin

Dustin New Member

So, was this job posted?

10. DCEdits

DCEdits New Member

This job was finally posted today. I think I've responded to everyone who has inquired, but if I missed you please shoot me a PM.

11. DCEdits

DCEdits New Member

An update, and score one for the good guys. The successful candidate found the job on SportsJournalists.com and I believe is a member of the site. Thanks to all who applied!

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Awesome! Really wish I could have applied. Sounded pretty interesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted