1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is why you don't take people you just meant - and barely know - on a trip

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The 11-page itemized bill posted in that story ain't lying. And, frankly, I'd say his story makes himself look like quite the dimwit rube--sad to think that's his sugarcoated version to "make his side seem better."

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sounds like Ben Mezrich has his next book.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The plot thickens, Surfer Girl hits the red carpet at the Emmys:

http://deadspin.com/5842176/

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just think of the indignity of exposing yourself to this ridicule simply to try to get the $$ back. Just STFU and forget it. You look ridiculous now.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I like how Cornett apparently lied about her father being murdered. Nice. And, really, how stupid could this twatvomit possibly be? She didn't think maybe Deadspin would fact check her account?

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You know - I could see this being optioned as a TV show. Woman cons wealthy men to take her on trips and spend money on her - and she bails out, leaving a string of lies and broken hearts along the way....
    it is only at the end of the pilot episode that we learn why she does it - it is to pay for her mother/niece/grandmother's medical care.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't even think there needs to be a plot, Dan. Reality show inside of six months.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Pathological liars are fascinating.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

IJAG is surely hoping Surfer Grifter bilked the crap out of Tim Couch. And I was surprised Smallpotatoes didn't start this thread.

P.S.: Twatwaffle vs. twatvomit...discuss.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wasn't that "Joe Millionaire" or some show like that. Where an ordinary guy pretends to be rich, woos the women who are attracted to him for his money, then at the wedding, says, "Surprise, I'm poor!"

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

"Twatwaffle" is obviously ridiculous.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But who doesn't like waffles?

Draft saved Draft deleted