1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is why you don't take people you just meant - and barely know - on a trip

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Kind of neat change o' pace from Deadspin ...

http://deadspin.com/5839501/the-surfer-grifter-the-weird-tale-of-hannah-cornett-and-her-20k-vegas-hotel-bill

Damn dude, you are going to Vegas... Just buy a hooker. It's way, way, way cheaper.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I love public shaming. Love it.

And the guy is a rube.. a fool and his money soon go separate ways.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have a feeling that lawyer's gun has no bullets. And the lawyer knows it. So he goes to Deadspin. Why didn't they supply all of the e-mails so we can see what the whole back and forth looked like? Would have been awesome if he e-mailed her, and she wrote back thanking him for his generosity and the wonderful trip he treated her to.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Re: This is why you don't take people you just meant - and barely know - on a tr

That was an interesting story. Yeah, the guy is a total fool. And I don't know that he has any legal ground in terms of recouping his money.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Re: This is why you don't take people you just meant - and barely know - on a tr

Yeah, that was my first thought. If she hadn't replied with some shit about taking care of it immediately, I think she would be home free. I was wondering if her response could be used as an admission of guilt. Probably not.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Don't worry, Kelly Slater is now on the case.

7. The Big Ragu

There is lots there making me giggle. Not the least is the thought of Adrian Grenier sitting somewhere right now, going, "WTF?" because of his phone lighting up with text messages.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Oh, i really don't care if the guy gets his 20 grand or not...I just love when horrible people are publicly shamed.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

At least I can feel good about my credit cards being maxed out.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm completely sure that this is the entire story and the guy in no way changed it to make his side seem better.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Who meets a presumably hot, wild, adventurous woman in a bar, offers to take her with him to Vegas, then books separate rooms?? I hope the "romance kit" listed among her room charges was for servicing the poor idiot.

12. The Big Ragu

I am a mean SOB, but I am hoping the romance kit was just for shits and giggles, and she laughed at the thought of the look on his face when he got the itemized charges.

Draft saved Draft deleted