1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is why we don't play sports inside

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jeremy Goodwin, Sep 28, 2007.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I've scraped a couple of ceilings before. You just think you're not going to hit anything and then "wham......oh oh. Um babe....I uh...." Never hit a chandelier though.

2. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I whacked my sister solidly on the knee with a baseball bat while watching a ball game on TV. Fortunately I wasn't taking a regular cut or I would have seriously hurt her.

Broke my share of lightbulbs trying to see if I could throw the football across the living room.

3. KG

KG Active Member

Assuming he hit the chandelier on the backswing, picture the furthest reverse position of the backswing. The side and part of the abdomen is already exposed. Maybe his first reaction after hearing/feeling himself hit it was to turn towards the noise and look up. By then it would be too late to shield himself from any falling glass and his abdomen would be even more exposed.

I’m only able to picture this because I can be a klutz sometimes and could see it going down like that for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted