1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'This is the average man's body'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You're wondering why a company that brands itself as an outfitter of elite athletes doesn't make clothes for fat people?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have a XXXL Under Armour sweatshirt sent to me by a relative who after I opened it I wanted to call them up and say, "How fat do you think I am?" Even before I lost 40+ pounds more than a year ago, that sweatshirt could have housed a family of four.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

You think XL is hard to find, Brodie? Go looking for 2XLT or 3XLT and get back to me. Just about everyone sells an XL. But go looking for true fat and tall sizes. It's an expensive bitch. And I'm not even talking athletic wear. I'm talking everyday wear, from T-shirts to polos to jeans or khakis. At least in my part of the world, these stores are hard to find. And then size 12 1/2 feet with a wide fit don't help matters either.

6'3, 295, 44-inch waste, but down from near 400 with a 54 pushing a 56-inch waste a few years ago. Last few months with work stress I've slagged off, gotta get back at it.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I hear you. I'm 6-0, 220 with 36-inch waist, wear 50R suit jacket. Fortunately there are enough stores who sell suit separates.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Compared to
    I can't compute 6-5, 205 w a 38 inch waist.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Go get 'em Beef. You're on the right track.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Bout the size of a corner.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am 6-1, 210-215 (right now, eating Cheese Nips and having a cocktail, it's the latter) with a 38 inch waist. But I'm a 44 jacket with extra long sleeves. Those are not easy to find off the rack.

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I think what I said is it's hard to find anything over an XL.

10. Devin

Devin Member

6-3, 32-inch waist.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Vegetarians are reading this thread, and they don't just think they are better than everyone else, they're sure of it.

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

6'4", 255.

38/34 jeans, which are increasingly hard to find. Was in Chicago last week and walked into a Hollister, A&F, and American Eagle that were all right next to each other. They all had 38/32s and 36/34s, but not 38/34s. Makes no sense to me. They said that size was available online but not in stores.

Draft saved Draft deleted