1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is sooooooo wrong -- PETA steals preschool's bunny

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxer, Sep 26, 2007.

1. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Happened in Spokane, apparently as a protest against the circus coming to town.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20975943/?gt1=10357

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

WTF does the pet bunny have to do with the circus? Bunch of savages.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Only in Spokane

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Speaking of PETA, I now hate Joaquin Phoenix after what he did at the Toronto Film Fest Red Carpet to MuchMusic's Devon Soltendeick

I guess Soltendieck asked Phoenix about his involvement with PETA, and it apparently caught Phoenix off guard. Then he rudely snipped at Soltendieck to back his microphone away from him. He did not even answer the question properly and was a snotbag, douchebag the whole time.

I questioned whether Phoenix was drunk when he was on the red carpet. He was downright nasty when he did not need to be about something like PETA. Give me a break. He should not endorse something he is passionate about publicly if this is the way he is going to act. Soltendieck is a nice guy and did not deserve that.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You mean PETA doesn't stand for...

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The quote from the PETA woman in the story said they wouldn't endorse the stealing of a domesticated bunny: “Just like dogs and cats, (rabbits) have been domesticated, so we encourage people who have the knowledge and ability to adopt rabbits from their local shelters,” Nachminovitch said.

You shouldn't automatically point the finger at PETA as an organization. The story doesn't even say if the circus literature left behind was from PETA. It was probably a lone loon acting on his or her own. The story didn't attribute the act to PETA because they don't know who did it. So the thread title is incorrect.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Blame Canada.

Draft saved Draft deleted